When the weather gets cold, it’s time for soup, and this carrot-ginger bisque will definitely warm—and fill—you up. Packed with vegetables, this sweet and spicy concoction comes from Gena Hamshaw’s Food52 Vegan and gets its creamy texture from potato and cashew cream. Plus, ginger and curry powder give it a vibrant kick that’ll have us making batches of this bisque every week until spring arrives.
|What You Need:
For the bisque:
For the cashew cream:
|What You Do:
1. For the cashew cream, in a food processor or high-speed blender, place cashews and pulse a few times to grind. Add lemon juice and salt. With the motor running, drizzle in water and process until completely smooth (which may take a few minutes), stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl or blender jar.
2. For the soup, in a large pot over medium, heat oil. Add onion, celery, and ginger, and sauté until onion is tender and translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in broth, carrots, potato, and curry powder, and bring to a boil. Decrease heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender working in batches), blend until completely smooth. Place pot over low heat and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Stir in 1/3 cup of cashew cream.
5. Top each bowl of bisque with a swirl of cashew cream before serving.
Photo by James Ransom
Wanneer kom je?
Geef een reactie